Dimapur Rape truth


In a shocking incident mob of thousands lynched an accused of rape by pulling out him from Dimapur Central Jail in Nagaland state. Focus news channel has shown below mentioned news about the original offence of alleged rape.



Silchar: Jubeda Khan, mother of Syed Farid Khan, the rape accused who was lynched in Dimapur yesterday, had been waiting for her son’s call for the past week.

The call never came but what did was the news of 27-year-old Farid’s lynching, leaving her shattered and inconsolable.

As the news of his death spread, a pall of gloom descended on his native Bosla village under Badarpur police station in Karimganj. Bosla is 17km from Karimganj town and 61km from Silchar. People of all religions, caste and creed, including political leaders, visited the bereaved family today.

Farid, the third son, also known as Sarif in the village, did his schooling from Banskandi Madrasa in Cachar district before he started his own business. He had been living in Dimapur for the past eight years, where he owned an automobile shop, PK Service, on Kohima Road.

Farid, reportedly branded an illegal Bangladeshi in Nagaland, was one among six brothers. The eldest two – Kamal Uddin, 32, and Jamal Uddin, 29, are jawans in the army.

Farid’s father, late Siraj Uddin Khan, also served in the army for over two decades.

Family sources said Farid married a Naga woman four years ago and they have a three-year-old daughter. He had last visited his native village with his wife and daughter on Id last year. His fifth brother, Suber Uddin Khan, 20, who runs a business in Dimapur, had met Farid in jail on February 25.

Suber, who reached his native village last evening, said, “The lady who levelled charges of rape against my brother was close to his family. I have met her many times at their residence.”

He added that the lady was on very good terms with Farid’s wife. “She had even visited our native village Bosla with Farid and his family members.”

Suber alleged that the lady had demanded Rs 2 lakh from Farid but he refused to pay the money. “The lady, accompanied by a few persons, on February 23 took my brother to a hotel where he was forced to drink. Later, she demanded Rs 2 lakh from my brother. But as he refused to pay, a false case of rape was registered against him the next day.”

The police are analysing the CCTV footage of the Dimapur hotel where the accused and the victim had gone on February 23.

Suber also claimed that his brother’s wife and daughter had been locked in a room by the protesters since yesterday. “We were in constant touch with them, but the connection was lost this morning. We have no clue as to what is going on there,” he said.

Farid’s friends and acquaintances in his native village could not imagine that their friend is no more. “We had a great time together. I still cannot believe that Farid is no more,” said Alim Uddin, 28, a resident of Bosla. He said it was “unfortunate” that he had been branded an illegal migrant. “His father served in the army. It is really very unfortunate. Every Bengali-speaking Muslim from Assam is not a Bangladeshi.”

Karimganj deputy commissioner Sanjib Gohain Baruah visited the family this evening. He told them that attempts are being made to bring Farid’s body from Dimapur.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.